“No matter how old you get, if you can keep alive the desire to be creative, you are keeping the child alive inside”. John Cassavetes
One on One Therapeutic Consultations for Adults
2018 Community Expressive Arts Group for Adults
As part of my Masters in Therapeutic Arts Practice practicum @ the MIECAT Institute, I facilitated YOU TIME -a Community Arts & Well-being group at a local Ballarat Primary school.
• Parents past and present, Grandparents, Guardians, Carers of children @the school
• Wider Community members and folk from neighbouring Ballarat towns
• Anyone who loved being arty or creative
• Child free, so adults were able to have some “You Time”
What will we did each week?
• Unwound at the end of the week
• All kinds of creative work, had fun experimenting with lots of different art forms
as a way of enhancing personal well- being
• Mindfulness/Relaxation, chatted, made new friends, shared morning tea
• Went on monthly creative excursions around Ballarat to awaken our senses to creativity
First sensory excursion was the 23.3.18 and was held at Ballarat Botanical gardens, where we sat in the presence of the ancient Sequioas-( redwoods) and drew and reflected.
• Hi Marie, just wanted to let you know how much I found today’s session such a great experience.
I’m really looking forward to OUR TIME and exploring lots of Art. Also sharing the experience with such nice people.
Have a good week T- 23.2.18
• Your sessions have reminded me to take some time for myself and tonight the kids and I watched the changing colours of the sunset. So thankyou.- MW 8.3.18
Why the Ageing Gracefully Art Therapy Program works.
This person centred, holistic approach to care, provides creative expression for aged residents in residential care who:
Close to the Bone, Cancer Support
Group work supporting both survivors and carers who have walked the journey with cancer.
Clients with ABI( Acquired Brain Injury) or complex needs
Are You Curious About What Your Dreams Mean? If so, you may like to join a weekly dream group which runs for 5 weeks at a time.Everyone can participate and share their dreams in a safe, supportive and friendly environment.
The psyche meets us in our dreams, speaking in the language of symbols and metaphors.Its messages offer constructive insights into our waking life, if we but tune in.
Mandalas/ Mask Workshops/ Intensive days
Mask Making -explore the different faces and roles that make up who we are and who we would like to be.
Mandala is the Sanskrit word for sacred circle. Inside the safety of a Mandala ,where you draw within the boundary,one can create a repetitive design. It can be a tool for meditation, therapy or to while away time.
Mandalas draw you within, they have a calming and centring effect on whoever does them. After the Mandala is completed, the finished work becomes an instrument for further reflection.
It is an ideal way to combine a love of colour and symbol ,with much needed quiet time in our hectic world.
Women's groups- Refugee or family violence survivors
Presentations, talks and demonstrations on Art therapy to agencies,health and medical providers
Team building and Professional Development days which provide relaxation,problem solving, opportunities to be creative with co-workers.
Clinical Supervision for Counsellors & Professionals in the Education ,Welfare and the helping sectors
I am a registered professional Supervisor with the Australian Counselling Association- College of Professional Counselling Supervisors and have met the following annual requirements:
I provide supervision to Counsellors, Art Therapists, Sandplay Therapists, Teachers and Case Managers including trainee and beginner counsellors. I work hard to build a supervisory alliance between myself and my supervisees, which is grounded in honesty, trust, openness and professionalism. I provide safety and support for my supervisees and am comfortable with any strong emotions they may have. My ability to be totally present makes my supervision sessions very affirming and nuturing .
As a counsellor/art therapist and supervisor myself,I fully understand the issues which counsellors and art therapists face, who live and work in regional and rural cities of Victoria, or other states of Australia. These may include:
With this in mind I offer an empathic approach to all my supervisees, especially those who are starting out and may be daunted by all the ethical and legal responsibilities practitioners must abide by, or supervisees who just want to touch base about a challenging client.
My goals for a supervision session are to:
I offer I hour face to face and phone Supervision, plus 2hr group sessions.
I provide written authorisation of supervision hours for annual registration with ACA.
Fees are negotiable
Feedback from parent of adult client with disabilities after 2 years of 1-1 sessions
2017-Identity and Mask Workshop 12.2.17
Sacred Hearts workshop
• I had some very positive feedback from my therapist about the outcomes of the Sacred Hearts workshop. It really showed both of us that I'm in a stronger place than I was a year ago. There is always work to do and I think that art is such a great and insightful medium. In the past, I had the impression before that my psychologist was not entirely convinced about art therapy. I think showing him the evidence helped him to change his mind. He was really blown away. AH 29.2.16
Drawing Outside the Lines PD Workshop 19.3.16
• “Thankyou for your support and leadership”-IE 19.3.16
• “The power and variety of modalities supplied and the depth of insight gained. The allowing to go where it took me”- SD 19.3.16
Estrangement PD workshop 29.3.16
• “My first sand tray experiences and the opportunity to journal, were what I liked most in this workshop. Also the Balloon ritual enabled me to let go of many things that I would never have thought were connected, but were.
Thank you too for the supervision, validation and your insight. I had a magic day. ”HB 29. 5.16
• “The sequence of the activities flowed well and successfully facilitated the experiential process. Excellent and rewarding Marie!” ”VW 29.5.16
•“Fantastic workshop, the supervision was powerful and informative. Great time keeping.” SD 16.5.15 Feet and Self-Image workshop and Supervision
• “Another beautiful, insightful workshop, can’t wait for the next one. Thankyou.” -AM 18.7.15 Exploring the Void workshop and Supervision
• “I am absolutely delighted to have attended the Gratitude workshop and acquired more than I had expected, especially experiencing the power of art in highlighting issues in my life which need addressing, nurtured and honoured.
The workshop has had a wonderful impact on my thinking this past week, especially of course gratitude. It is not until one is back into life that the true value of its content is evident and appreciated.” CR 22.8.15 Mandalas of gratitude PD and Supervision workshop
• “I enjoyed the realness of the workshop and being part of a like- minded group who were professional and non-judgemental. Thank you for your openness and willingness in your support and making me feel at ease. ” LP 21.11.15 Nature Mandalas – Reflection of Personal & Professional Growth during 2015
Feedback Open Studio & Supervision PD workshop 23.11.14
What did you like most about the workshop.?
• "The connection between all women. The open hearted honesty created by Marie. The chance to be creative, held and lead. Hearing other’s stories and insight".- SP
• "Wise women being together, confidently sharing our experiences. Lovely sacred space in a lovely outer space, lucky women I’d say".-BB
• "The opportunity to reflect, share and have new creative experiences. Beautiful energy, well facilitated, fun, beautifully held space"- AM
• "The structure gave me more insight into timing when running a workshop. The whole workshop was quality, I gained and had confirmed lots of knowledge. The sharing and creativity was marvellous. It felt like everyone was heard and all contributed in a deep and knowledgeable way. Thank you so much for your presence, intuition and knowledge. Marvellous venue, space and allowing connection to take place."- SD
"Marie thank you so much. I found your art therapy classes very up lifting and a wonderful experience. Insightful and at times confronting but I would highly recommend it to anyone who has the courage to look within themselves.
It is a truly wonderful experience.May you always be protected by light of love." O.N. Aug 2014
" I wanted to be supervised at a quality level and I have found this with you,
thankyou. I think we will be travelling quite a journey on this supervision road."TE Oct 2014
“I feel stronger and am beginning to take more control of my life. Thankyou Marie for listening respectfully and responding with understanding”.
1-1 Sandplay Therapy sessions LM-13.2.13
“Marie, thank you for the experience of the art therapy sessions, they were life changing. I felt like they helped me tune into more things I was unaware of and am now starting to shine my light again. Circumstances made me disbelieve myself, but now things I want to happen in my life are happening to me.” 1-1 Art therapy sessions- HB Dec 2011
“Marie I was so impressed by what you did. I will definitely keep you in mind when it comes to continuing this program. Just to tell you there may be some money to do this in the future and also to add a story telling component in an artistic fashion”.
Christine Reupert -Project Officer. Ballarat Community Health –
Sudanese Women’s Workshop- Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies-19.5.2011
“How liberating! To express myself with colour and collage is a new experience. If I can do this, I can do anything”.
SW. Sacred Hearts workshop 14.2.2010
“I really enjoyed the experience and the opportunity to sit in autumn, have my senses opened to nature and really see things. The group activities were great and I felt safe and comfortable to share and not feel judged. Thank you for leading us through an amazing journey of self-discovery”
SE. Autumn Seasons of the Soul Workshop 11.4.10
Drawing Within Art Therapy & Counselling Services-
Nominated for 2010 CGU Commerce Ballarat Business Excellence awards :
* Enterprise Small Business award
* United Way Ballarat Health and Well-being Award
* Wilsons Fruit and Vegetables-Customer Service Award
Contact and More Information
Choosing Art or Sandplay Therapy to explore any issues you have, could transform you.
If you are a therapist, case manager or professional who needs mentoring or supervising, why not choose a supervisor like myself?
I will actively encourage you to creatively explore cases and issues using figurines or art modalities to elicit new meaning to your work.
Now is the time to experience the power of these creative therapies.
Contact me on 0409 954 703 to make an appointment,I would love to hear from you.